Tuesday, April 21, 2009

For Joe Shmoe


I know I'm a little late at posting this (It's too late now, indeed). I emailed this article to myself months ago expecting to publish it in a blog. Looks like those conservatives were right about Obama after all.

A Clip from the N.Y. Post:
"The fracas over Obama's tax plan broke out Sunday outside Toledo when Joe Wurzelbacher approached the candidate. Wurzelbacher said he planned to become the owner of a small plumbing business that will take in more than the $250,000 amount at which Obama plans to begin raising tax rates. "Your new tax plan is going to tax me more, isn't it?" the blue-collar worker asked. After Obama responded that it would, Wurzelbacher continued: "I've worked hard . . . I work 10 to 12 hours a day and I'm buying this company and I'm going to continue working that way. I'm getting taxed more and more while fulfilling the American Dream." "It's not that I want to punish your success," Obama told him. "I want to make sure that everybody who is behind you, that they've got a chance for success, too. Then, Obama explained his trickle-up theory of economics. "My attitude is that if the economy's good for folks from the bottom up, it's gonna be good for everybody. I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody." Critics said Obama let the cat out of the bag"




No comments:

Post a Comment